Friday, June 15, 2012

Storytellers Statue on Buena Vista Street

From the Disney Parks Blog,

We showed you a glimpse of the new “Storytellers” statue last year during the D23 Expo, and today, Disney California Adventure park guests will be able to greet the new statue of Walt Disney and Mickey Mouse themselves when Buena Vista Street officially opens! Take a look:


A plaque just to the right of the statue tells the story of Walt Disney’s arrival in Los Angeles in 1923 in his own words:
It was July 1923. I packed all of my worldly goods – a pair of trousers, a checkered coat, a lot of drawing materials and the last of the fairy tale reels we had made – in a kind of frayed cardboard suitcase. And with that wonderful audacity of youth, I went to Hollywood, arriving there with just forty dollars. It was a big day the day I got on that Santa Fe California Limited. I was just free and happy!

No comments: